by Heather Harris Brady
Since the roast beef and yorkshire pudding are on the heavy side, I wanted a light and pretty salad to go alongside. This is really quick to throw together, with whatever looks best in the produce section. I made an easy honey-lime vinaigrette and tossed it all just before serving.
Fruit & Vegetable Rainbow Salad, Serves 8
- Three Clementine oranges, peeled and sectioned
- One Prickly Pear, peeled and diced
- One pomegranate, arils only
- Five fresh pineapple slices, cut into chunks
- One bag of rainbow salad mix (shredded carrots, broccoli, red cabbage)
For the dressing:
- Three limes, juiced
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. olive oil
You can wash and prepare all the fruit ahead of time if you like.
If you do clean it ahead of time keep the pomegranate and prickly pear separate because they’ll color the rest of the fruit red. Assemble the salad:
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together well and pour them over the top, then toss. Whatever the combination of fruit you use, this salad is a nice antidote to the long gray days of winter.
One year ago: Mexican Lasagne